Slip-Box for Linux by "Zettelkasten of Niklas Luhmann"
German version of this page - click on flag or here.
ZMzettelkasten Release 0.42(Oct. 2009)
Meanwhile Daniel took out its Zettelkasten Version 3 written in Java. Since Version 3 uses a differend fileformat, ZMzettelkasten is not compatible to this Version 3 files. It stays on Version 2.7 file format.
- Slips may be encoded to prevent other people from reading its content. The encoding is also done in the file so even by a Hex-file-viewer the text is invisible
- It is possible to embedd images in the slip text
- It is possble to open a "back-link" list to see the references to the actuell slip
- Marking og slip was enhanced. You may mak slips as: Normal, Important/todo, Done/hidden, Idea, Info, List/Code, People, Book, Text.
- Cut'n'paste is improved, you may just move marked text from a slip inti you word processing by mouse.
- A read-only clone can be opend on desktop to have a reading view of your actual slip(box) while you are editing it.
- Right clicking mouse will popup a small menu for handling keywords.
- It is now possible to delete "old" slips. Most important of this feature is the deleting of the backlinks.
- Some smaller cosmetic changes.
- Some bug which may occure during programm start are fixed
- some bugs related to changing of slip boxes are fixed
- some critical operations needs to be accepted according to popups
ZMzettelkasten Release 0.41(2008-07-11)
- File Locking support: prevents multiple opening and possible dataloss by overwriting
- Auto save function (enable/disable): writes automatically also to HDD ifchanges are sved from Edit-Window
- Catch-Word double click will open a prefiltered Index-View
- LaTeX export allows transfer to text processing and PDF-export/views
- Export and Import of slips via XML format
- History backwards over last step
- Core dump if "token" was not defined in .zmzettel.cfg
- Possible core dump after find operation
- Klick to an empty row in list fields generated a core dump (Ubuntu 8.04)
- Starting with a new (emtpy) slip box had problems
- Some Variables are initialised wrongly if not defined in .zmzettl.cfg file
ZMzettelkasten Release 0.40(2008-04-12)
First Version supporting more English. For other Languages I will need help translation the POT-Files (Languages Strings)
- Supporting i18n languages (Language depending on DT-Setup)
- English Language integrated
Note: The language is switched by the desktop "Locale". The ZMzettelkasten default is German. So if your Locale is not "en_XX" you may see German language Version.
Open a Linux Console, set a valid Locale like for example
export LC_ALL=en_GB.utf8 and start ZMzettelkasten from command line. You should get the English version now. Help to translate to other language versions is welcome.
ZMzettelkasten Release 0.39(2008-04-01)
It should have been the English Version but translation was not ready yet.
- Adaption to Gnome Application
- Use of GtkSourceView in Edit Window This supports Spell Check, Syntax-Marks, undo und redo function
- Author- and Source-list (reference list)
- Catchword list
- More filters in Index list
- Templates for slips
- Better handling of External refences
- Check of external references
- Better navigation inside ZMzettelkasten
- GUI for Propertiy Setup
Possibly used Trademarks are Properties of their owners.